[rabbitmq-discuss] Updating messages on queues

cbourne carl.bourne at intellect.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 11:21:54 BST 2010

Hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to update messages on a queue without
actually removing them. My use case requires a message to be removed from a
queue, only if the consumer is able to successfully process the message and
perform an action contained therein. If the action fails then the message
remains on the queue ready for a scheduled retry. I was thinking a message
time value could be changed so consumers only process messages that are
within a certain time range. If there's a better way to do this, any advice
would be welcome.

If there any examples or demos that can show this using Ruby or Python, this
would be even better.

Best regards,

Carl