[rabbitmq-discuss] Having some issues with RabbitMQ

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sun Jul 18 11:52:03 BST 2010

Christian,

Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Thus if you really want the queues to remain present after the
> clients have disconnected [...] then you'll have to use named queues

Actually you can still use server-named queues, just don't make them
exclusive. The clients would need to remember the names of the queues
they created though, so they can re-attach to them when reconnecting.

Another option is to get the clients to generate cryptographically
strong names for their queue based on a one-way hash of some easily
obtainable constant information. Then the clients wouldn't have to
record the names.

>> The whole server is hung

Hmmm. I wonder whether you are actually using the new persister. What hg
version of the server are you running? One tell-tale sign of the new
persister is the following messages near the beginning of the rabbit log:

=INFO REPORT==== 18-Jul-2010::08:50:14 ===
msg_store_transient: using rabbit_msg_store_ets_index to provide index

=INFO REPORT==== 18-Jul-2010::08:50:14 ===
msg_store_persistent: using rabbit_msg_store_ets_index to provide index

Do you see these?

Regards,

Matthias