[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq with one producer no consumer

Ovidiu Deac ovidiudeac at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:51:03 BST 2010

I found the problem: the memory limit was the default one which is 1.6
i.e. 40% out of 4GB. It seems the OS installed is 32bits and this is
why erlang doesn't see the full 6GB RAM.

Of course the system didn't work if it ran out of memory.

As soon as I changed vm_memory_high_watermark to 0.98 by putting
[{rabbit, [{vm_memory_high_watermark, 0.98}]}].
... in /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config the problem was fixed

Thanks for the help.

ovidiu