[rabbitmq-discuss] Preventing uncontrolled crashes due to file descriptor exhaustion

Tony Spataro tony at rightscale.com
Wed Jul 14 17:54:24 BST 2010

Thanks Marek. I'll retry my tests with a 1.8 broker and verify that it
doesn't crash when its number of connections approaches its FD limit.

For a use case like mine (where the broker is listening for connections on a
public IP) I don't have the luxury of guaranteeing an upper bound on the
number of open sockets; but if the broker stops accepting connections once
it reaches its threshold, that should be sufficient to stop any new FDs from
being allocated.

Cheers,
   Tony