[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 1.7.0 close the cnx when consumer don't ack deliveries during 30s

Vincent Barat vbarat at ubikod.com
Tue Jul 13 16:00:13 BST 2010

  Hello all!

I'm writing a consumer that read logs from RabbitMQ and write them
into a database.
To ensure that all my logs are correctly copied from RabbitMQ to the
database, I acknowledge them only once they have been written (this
way, if the consumer is killed, it will the logs once again on restart).

But from time to time, the database blocks during 30s to 1minute and
thus I don't acknowledge during the same time.

It seems that the RabbitMQ server closes the connection. Is there a
timeout (or a setting) I can use to fix this issue ?

My consumer is written in Java and is using the rabbitmq client library.

Thanks for your help.