[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ persistence and multi producers- multi consumers

Ovidiu Deac ovidiudeac at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 14:24:37 BST 2010

I think there is a misunderstanding of terms here.

The messages are send to EXCHANGES.
Based on the exchange type and BINDINGS (routes) RabbitMQ takes the
message from the exchange and puts it in the apropriate QUEUES.
Then the consumers extract messages from QUEUES.

You need to have the queues and the bindings set up before you send the message.