[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and C bindings -- Experimental?

Michael Frumin michael at frumin.net
Tue Jul 6 19:11:27 BST 2010

RabbitMQ'ers,

I'm a hopeful/potential user of RabbitMQ.  One requirement of my
project is to put messages into the queue using C (to be read out in
Java).  I have noticed (on http://www.rabbitmq.com/how.html ) that the
C client (rabbitmq-c) is listed as experimental.  More broadly, there
doesn't even seem to be a real home page for RabbitMQ-C (as opposed
to, for example, the Java Client: http://www.rabbitmq.com/java-client.html).
Should I be worried?  Is the C client kept up-to-date with the
releases of the broker/server?

I see that the PHP client, not listed as experimental, is based on the
C client so maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing.  thoughts?  Is
this the appropriate forum for this type of question anyway?  I tried
IRC but nobody's responding.

Thanks,
Mike

PS Please forgive if this is a duplicate message, I'm having some
issues with subscribing/posting