[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika uploaded to PyPI

Ask Solem askh at opera.com
Fri Jul 2 09:01:14 BST 2010

On Jul 1, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> Marek Majkowski wrote:
>>> Excellent - are there any advantages about using pika
>>> over ampqlib (especially with using Carrot on the top)?
>>
>> For example support for AMQP-0.9.1 protocol.
>

> Tried to switch my consumer from ampqlib to pika by adding
> backend_cls='pika' to my BrokerConnection constructor. This
> leads to:
> [...]
> "/data/develop/sandboxes/occ/eggs/pika-0.5-py2.6.egg/pika/spec.py", line
> 757, in encode
>    pika.table.encode_table(pieces, self.arguments)
>  File
> "/data/develop/sandboxes/occ/eggs/pika-0.5-py2.6.egg/pika/table.py",
> line 60, in encode_table
>    for (key, value) in table.iteritems():
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
>
> Anything I am missing.

This is because carrot uses None for the empty table instead of an empty dict which
pika expects. I've submitted a patch (http://github.com/ask/pika), hopefully it will be accepted
as amqplib already does support this (and it's a common Python idiom)
--
{Ask Solem,
 +47 98435213 | twitter.com/asksol }.