[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring rabbitmq

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Thu Jan 28 12:00:44 GMT 2010

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 03:42:39PM -0500, Mark Steele wrote:
> I'm trying to find a good way to monitor rabbit for inclusion in an HA
> cluster (pacemaker/corosync).
>
> Does anyone have a good resource agent already created for such a purpose?

We don't have one off the shelf, though several of our clients are using
RabbitMQ with pacemaker and heartbeat, and presumeably have written similar
such scripts.

Rather than using the rabbitmq-multi script to monitor (which should be
fine), we tend to suggest just checking to see if the port is open (by
default 5672, but that can change on configuration). How does pacemaker
monitor something like apache? - again there would be the option of
either checking the port is open, or using some sort of status
monitoring. I don't know whether one is generally preferred to the
other?

Matthew