[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Messages not consistently delivered to two consumers bound to same key

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Jan 15 14:50:56 GMT 2010

Jeremy,

Jeremy Dunck wrote:
>> I am publishing messages with a routing key, say "A", and two queues
>> bound to that routing key on a Direct exchange:
>> _mqChannel.ExchangeDeclare(SHARED_EXCHANGE, ExchangeType.Direct,
>> NOT_DURABLE);
>> [...]
>> I then have a basic consumer on each of the queues dispatching.
>>
>> It seems that messages published to A are being alternately delivered
>> to the two queues, rather than consistently to both queues.

That definitely shouldn't happen, and indeed it can't - there is no code
in the server that would alternate between queues when handling a publish.

Are you sure your consumers are consuming off different queues?

It might be helpful to hook up your code to the tracer -
http://www.rabbitmq.com/examples.html#tracer. That will tell you exactly
what commands are sent at the protocol level.

Also, can you post the complete code?

Regards,

Matthias.