[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ xmpp gateway

Chetna Kaur chetna at rockmelt.com
Tue Jan 12 20:25:00 GMT 2010

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I've been using it for a proof of concept
implementation and it works great. Thanks for the great work :)

Some things that I'm concerned may be a problem in production:

1) The gateway doesn't handle loss of connection to the ejabberd server. I
can add code to handle this fairly easily I think.

2) Consumer Processes are not supervised ( I believe this may be on your
To-do list).
If I understand correctly, once a consumer process crashes the user
associated with the queue will no longer receive any data. This data would
continue to queue up at the server. Even if the user were to go offline and
come back online, because of an entry in rabbitmq_consumer_process with
queue and pid, a new process will not be created. Am I missing something
here?

What would be the best way to make these processes supervised?

Thanks again,
Chetna