[rabbitmq-discuss] Daemonizing connection threads (was Re: .Net client foreground threads)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Jan 7 14:00:05 GMT 2010

Matthew Sackman wrote:
> to tidy up correctly in the first place. Yes, it may be un-Java-like,
> but then again so is much good programming practice. ;)

Indeed.

At the moment there's no easy way to ask for daemon threads if you
decide they're appropriate for your app: so maybe we should go with
non-daemon per default, daemon per user-selectable option. (And as
always, the heartbeat threads, where present, can be daemon all the
time; all the discussion really just applies to the main loops)

Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net