[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ on VM.

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 03:03:49 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Gustavo Aquino
<aquino.gustavo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Anybody here are using Rabbit +Erlang on VM with more than 2 CPUs with 2
> cores ?

I'm running a clustered instance on two Linux VM's with 1G RAM and 2
CPU's on top of Linux/KVM hypervisors (each instance is on a different
physical VM server).    It works fine and has done so for a long time.

> Erlang doen't work in this environment for me,if I remove one CPU all works
> fine, but putting other it's crash with the MONOTONIC CLOCK problem.

It's impossible to say what's going on without knowing what hypervisor
and guest you're using.  If it's KVM/Linux, you may try enabling the
paravirtual clock options in the guest kernel.     There are a
multitude of workarounds for clock problems in VM's and which one to
use depends entirely on your guest/hypervisor combination.

VMWare has a nice paper on the topic.
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf

-Al Tobey