[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang Client Example Code

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 23:37:06 GMT 2010

Dane, Glenn,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Dane Jensen <dane.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Glenn Rempe <glenn at rempe.us> wrote:
>> As I am busy learning the ins and outs of Erlang I wanted to make
>> direct connections between an Erlang Yaws Websockets program I am
>> developing and RabbitMQ.
>>
>> As part of my (steep!) learning process I updated the
>> rabbitmq-erlang-code-examples project done by 'careo' on GitHub to
>> compile and work against the latest RabbitMQ and RabbitMQ Erlang
>> Client code. The examples now also include use of the 'direct client'
>> (which was really only a one line change).
>
> Excellent! Thank you for doing that. I've merged your fork in.

I have a cursory glance at the examples and I'm suggesting some minor
improvements:

- Tickets, Realms and the access.request command are no longer in the
AMQP spec and hence are treated as NOOPs in Rabbit - you can safely
remove these;
- The codegen module creates sensible defaults for the command
records, so unless you need to override an attribute, you can make
your record definitions more concise;
- You can use amqp_connection:close/1 which is terser than
amqp_connection:close/3;

Ben