[rabbitmq-discuss] PHP Client libraries

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Tue Feb 9 16:47:23 GMT 2010

Hey guys,

Just FYI, I have a mostly working php-rabbit patch. Using the demo script I
can declare, bind, publish and consume. I ran into a segfault when I tried
to incorporate it into our framework, so there is still some debugging to do
there.
I will submit a patch to everyone later today, with the understanding that I
make no guarantees as to whether it is production ready.

Pieter

On 2/9/10 3:00 AM, "Alexandre Kalendarev" <akalend at mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi Dieter,
>
>> > thank you for your reply. Am I right, the module does not support
>> > consuming messages?
>
> The module is support Consume and Get methods. But Consume
> methods is sync and GET is async.
>
> If You use the  the consume in the WEB pages, the HTTP protocol is async and
> You can't wait if you have not commet technology.
> My recomendation  is use the series of GET method:
>
> // get queue items
> $queue = new AMQPQueue(APMQConection(), 'my_queue');
> $i=0;
> $res = true;
> while ($res = $queue->get() !== false  ){
>     $i++;
>     echo "$i : {$res['msg']}<br>\n";
> }
>
> But, You can use the Consume, You must the read queue lenght and make Consume
> of len messages.
> It is guarantie of absent waiting new messages.
>

> // consume
> $i=0;
> $queue = new AMQPQueue(APMQConection());
>
> $n = $queue->declare('my_queue');  // we get the lenght of queue
>
> $queueMessages = $queue->consume( $n ); // we reading $n messages,  all queue.
> foreach($queueMessages as $item){
>   $i++;
>   echo "$i.$item";
> }
>
> If $n less lenght of queue, the all nonreaded messages will be gone.
>
> The Consume method is faster.
>
>> >Or Am i mixing up the Modules?
> the module php-amqp  http://code.google.com/p/php-amqp/   don't support
> consume, bind and queue. It is only publish.
>
> If You have any questions send me, I will very happeness ask You. Sorry for my
> English.
>
> Alexandre

the rubicon project

PIETER DE ZWART | INTERFACES ENGINEER

€€€ P 310 207 0272 | x224
€€€ F 323 466 7119

1925 S. BUNDY  DRIVE
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90025

WWW.RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com/>

³COMPANY OF THE YEAR² ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 2009
#24 ON FAST COMPANY FAST 50 READER FAVORITES
2008  ALWAYSON 250 GLOBAL WINNER
2008 ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 100 WINNER
TWIISTUP3  BEST IN SHOW
PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS ­ ENTRETECH  BEST STARTUP
AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS - STEVIES  Œ08 FINALIST BEST NEW COMPANY
AMERICAN BUSINESS  AWARDS - STEVIES Œ08 FINALIST MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY
AMERICAN BUSINESS  AWARDS - STEVIES Œ08 FINALIST NEW PRODUCT OR SERVICE -
SERVICES

P          Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail