[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it possible to Query the Contents of Exchange or Queue in Rabbitmq?
matthias at lshift.net
Mon Feb 8 21:11:51 GMT 2010
Seema Biradar wrote:
> Is it possible that at a given time can we Query the Queue or Exchange
> to know which message (i.e Messgae content ) is residing in it?
This feature is also known as "queue browsing" and is something we are
thinking about adding to RabbitMQ.
Meanwhile you can do the following:
- establish a new AMQP connection & channel
- drain all the messages from the queue using a consumer or basic.get
- close the channel without ack'ing the messages
The main difference between that and queue browsing is that
- the drained messages are not available to other consumers until the
- the order of the requeued messages may be different to what it was before
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss