[rabbitmq-discuss] Simple client/server running on different OS are lagging

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue Feb 2 16:26:58 GMT 2010

Hi Frank,

Not really too sure what to suggest, but others on the list have
reported better throughput when increasing buffers in Rabbit:

Vladimir Balandin wrote:
> We have fixed the problem by set send/receive buffers on server side.
>
> -kernel inet_default_listen_options
> [{nodelay,true},{sndbuf,65535},{recbuf,65535}]

The easiest way to set these is to edit rabbitmq-server(.bat) directly -
these values are set near the top of rabbitmq-server and near the bottom
of rabbitmq-server.bat.

That may or may not solve these issues, but it's certainly worth trying.

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 12:09:13AM +0800, Boisson, Franck wrote:
> The publisher is publishing a 10Meg data (not exactly 10Meg but
> 10,000,000 * 'A') and the subscriber is receiving it.

If that's all one message, then the message must be fully received by
the broker before it starts being streamed out to the client.

Matthew