[rabbitmq-discuss] Disabling channel.flow

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:13:44 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Matthew Sackman <matthew at lshift.net> wrote:
> Which version of Rabbit are you using? - the details for disabling
> memory monitoring have changed between 1.7.0 and 1.7.1.

I downloaded rabbitmq-public-umbrella using hg, the tip points to:

changeset:   44:259da26ec626
tag:         tip
parent:      43:0d8d8a6dddae
parent:      42:b08e26cc7170
user:        David Wragg <dpw at lshift.net>
date:        Mon Oct 05 13:03:37 2009 +0100
summary:     Merge bug21745 into default

I used hg to install stomp plugin also along with rabbit. I can always
try and install latest/other  versions if that helps.

> I advise against disabling memory monitoring. If you do disable it, and
> then Rabbit runs out of memory, Rabbit will crash, likely losing more
> messages.

I understand, but the flow control keeps hitting frequently enough to
make rabbit-stomp almost useless :( So far I have not been able to
exercise any sort of control over when the flow control kicks in. Is
it possible to know how much memory rabbit thinks it has and how much
more memory it can use before flow control kicks in?

I just want to make sure that flow control does not kick in too frequently.

with regards,

raj