[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ for Master worker with monitoring?

yoav glazner yoavglazner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 21:35:19 GMT 2010

This is my first post to this list, so Hi!
I'm trying to design a Master/Worker implement-ion with RabbitMQ.
I have a few requierments due to lagacy issues:
* works get very long tasks so they should be able to get ABORT messages
while working,
* no task can be lost
* each task has priority and that priority may change when the task is
already in a queue.
* tasks can be removed from the work queue (user wants to pause/cancel an
operation)
* An client of rabbitMQ can fetch the Pending tasks to know what is the
status of the big operation.

After googling I found out that for priorities I'll need a few work queues,
but will I be able to switch a priority of a task in one transaction?

Any input will be very much welcome,

Many Thanks,

Yoav