[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.0 broker crashes

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 21 12:21:04 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:15:47PM +0000, Scott Dupoy wrote:
> Thanks for the configuration details - is it possible to increase the file size limit?  Is there an upper limit?

Yup and no. In that order. Though I've no idea what the biggest file
that a 32-bit application under Windows can have open. Note that we
don't mmap, so it shouldn't be an address space issue but certainly I'd
not be surprised if you find you can't push it beyond 2GB.

> I've just run my tests against a 2.2.0 broker running on an ubuntu server.  It works fine which provides further evidence supporting your hypothesis.

Yeah. We've also hammered it to death under Debians and Ubuntus. None of
us develop under Windows and we're lacking a Windows soak testing
environment so I'm not too surprised it's been missed, sadly.

> Would you like me to provide some test code reproducing the crash?

If you have it handy, that'd certainly help, but it's not a code path
that's tricky to hit so don't waste any time on it.

Merry wotsits,

Matthew