[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.0 broker crashes

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 21 11:56:37 GMT 2010

Hi Scott,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 09:33:30AM +0000, Scott Dupoy wrote:
> Making the assumption that we can't switch to a unix/linux distribution, is
> it possible to change the size at which the *.rdq file rolls?  If this is
> possible then at least we can (further) reduce the risk of a failure.

Yup, edit your rabbitmq.config file. You want to add a stanza including
{msg_store_file_size_limit, 16777216}. 16777216 is the default and is
16MB. You can reduce this as much as you'd like but if you make it too
small then you'll find performance starts to drop off. The minimum
rabbitmq.config file with this in is:

[{rabbit, [{msg_store_file_size_limit, 16777216}]}].

Note the trailing . is essential. According to
http://www.rabbitmq.com/install.html#configfile, under Windows, the
config file might be found in %APPDATA%\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq.config

Best wishes,

Matthew