[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.0 broker crashes

Scott Dupoy scottdupoy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:15:14 GMT 2010

Hi Jon,

That's great!  Thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately, my broker is still crashing, but not due to a direct out of
memory exception now.  I seem to be having a sharing access violation with
the msg_store_transient files.

I've tried the 2.2.0 binaries as on the website and a build of the umbrella
tag of 2.2.0 (I've changed the CORE_REPOS hg clone to also hg update to the
tag).  Both of these still crash.

I have removed all the plugins and the crash still occurs.

I've narrowed down the scenario when the crash occurs.  As the queue builds
up the msg_store_transient\0.rdq file is populated.  If I start the consumer
at this point everything is fine.  If the broker starts storing data in a
second database file (msg_store_transient\1.rdq) and then I start my
consumer then the crash occurs.  Procmon suggests a sharing violation with
one handle attempting to delete the 0.rdq file.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before?

Thanks,

Scott