[rabbitmq-discuss] error: "Pipelining of requests forbidden" on C# client

Jerry Kuch jerryk at vmware.com
Thu Dec 16 20:41:39 GMT 2010

Hi, Steven...

One more thing that I didn't quite address in your response, and that I was probably unclear on in my prior message...

> I'm not knowingly using RPC continuation at this stage, unless using the Subscription pattern falls under this category. Also, I am careful to use a different channel for each subscription or basic channe that lives on the same thread.

The Rpc continuation business I mentioned occurs down in the client's internals in an inevitable way for every synchronous command, rather than being something a user intervenes in.  Sorry if my earlier phrasing suggested otherwise, or implied that it was a user-exposed item to be worked with.

We could probably stand to improve the exception that gets thrown in these cases, perhaps including the id of the encountering thread and the command being attempted.  The improvement should probably be made both to the .NET and Java clients.  I'll file a bug requesting that this be made more informative in a future release.

In the meantime, if you find a good, self contained repro-case, please send it on to us to have a look and we'll see what we can do to get you sorted out.

Best regards,
Jerry