[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-xmpp patches and the future.

Eric Liang eric.l.2046 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 03:02:38 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I've done some patches for rabbitmq-xmpp recently, which was released by
Tony Garnock-Jones (
http://www.lshift.net/blog/2008/07/01/rabbitmq-xmpp-gateway-released ).
The patches have been posted to github (
https://github.com/ericliang/rabbitmq-xmpp ). I've contacted Tony and he
has no time to check these patches right now and suggested that
I get in touch with the list ( thanks Tony for your attention and those
enlightening conversations ).  So would anyone here like to test/review
these patches and/or to merge them to the official repository if
valuable? Thanks in advance.

By the way, as Tony suggested and we reach an agreement on the future
version of rabbitmq-xmpp, which the service should be a plugin as
rabbitmq-stomp and communicate with the ejabberd server with the help of
an xmpp client library. And in that case, the Rabbit team should be the
best one to do that I guess. Anyway, if there is no roadmap for it or
the future, this would be a suggestion and I'd like to do more work on
it when necessary.  Would you mind to tell something about this?

Thanks for your attention and any other suggestions are appreciated.
Eric