[rabbitmq-discuss] Resolving hostnamesfor high availability

Mark Hudson markrogerhudson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:04:39 GMT 2010

Two questions on resolving RabbitMQ broker hostnames

1.I'm able to cluster 2 or more rabbitmq brokers on different machines, but
to send a message I need to specify a hotsname/ipaddress. For redundancy, is
there some way to look up all the hosts within a cluster so I can pick a
running broker ?

2. When a broker is taken down, any connected consumers/producers get an
exception. Do I catch the exception and try to recconect to a live broker -
this relates to question 1 - or is there some other mechanism to handle this
?

Thanks