[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about management setup

Brian Parkinson parki at whatevernot.com
Mon Dec 13 15:20:58 GMT 2010

Hello - complete newb here, getting setup with RabbitMQ for the first time - just kicking the tires, as it were.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can't find a mention of this issue specifically:

I am working with a stock install on Mac OS X 10.6.5 - it all works fine - very cool. Fast to get up and going, which bodes well. I did a port install of the server:

sudo port install rabbitmq-server

I tried to also install the rabbit-management plugin - I have the downloaded *.ez files in the plugin directory:

~: ls /opt/local/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.2.0/plugins/
README                             mochiweb-2.2.0.ez                  rabbitmq-management-agent-2.2.0.ez webmachine-2.2.0.ez
amqp_client-2.2.0.ez               rabbitmq-management-2.2.0.ez       rabbitmq-mochiweb-2.2.0.ez

Now, when I try to launch the server, I get:

~: sudo /opt/local/sbin/rabbitmq-server
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
ERROR: failed to load application crypto:
{"no such file or directory","crypto.app"}
~:

So, an issue with crypto ssl I guess.

Do I need to recompile Erlang, or is there a config setting I need to twiddle? I'll need SSL anyways, so good to get it sorted now...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian...