[rabbitmq-discuss] ssl certificate to client lookup

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Dec 13 11:07:56 GMT 2010

On 09/12/10 18:56, Nathaniel Haggard wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:27 AM, Simon MacMullen<simon at rabbitmq.com>  wrote:
>> On 09/12/10 07:53, jiri at krutil.com wrote:
>>> Will the client identity be extracted from the client certificate's
>>> subject?
>>
>> Yes, ATM it's just the common name from the subject.
>
> What about setting a field in the message header to the common name of
> the subject?

I consider it to be a bit orthogonal, but we have a bug open for that
too. It's slightly less trivial than it sounds since we need a way for
the publisher to indicate that it's happy to have its identity revealed
- at the moment we're leaning towards having the publisher assert its
identity and have the broker enforce the truth of that.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ