[rabbitmq-discuss] Impact of AMQP 1.0

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 08:12:41 GMT 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Dave Smith <dave.smith.to at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I recommend the use of rabbitmq in my company today,  what will be
> the impact when AMQP 1.0 is implemented?  Will exchanges continue to
> be supported.  Will their use be discouraged.  If we use exchanges
> will it impact interoperability with other brokers and clients?

Well there is this page:

http://www.amqp.org/confluence/display/AMQP/0.x+compatibility+for+1.0+brokers

As you can see this is part of the spec is still in the early stage.

It seems to me that 1.0 should be capable of representing 0.x
functionality (but at completely different wire level), so some big
broker vendors could provide old 0.x semantics and client libraries on
top of their new 1.0 product. However, I do not think it would be
possible to connect some old 0.x client library to the 1.x broker. As
for interoperability of 2 products from different vendors that offer
0.x compatibility over 1.x, that seems highly questionable, unless
compatibility part of the spec gets much more specific.

But I might be wrong on that

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/