[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ persistence when clustering

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Thu Dec 9 23:21:51 GMT 2010

> To clarify #3, when a node goes down does any other node temporarily
> handle the queues for the down node?

Nothing's done automatically.  If the queue was non-durable, a
reconnecting client should be able to redeclare the queue.  If the
original node comes back up, the queue doesn't reappear automatically.

> Or does the queue just stay unavailable until the node comes back up?

If the queue was durable, the queue is unavailable until the node comes
back online.

> If it stays unavailable, are
> there any future plans to ensure high availability of queues?

I can't really comment on that, but if you want high-availability right
now, you might be interested in our HA guide:

  http://www.rabbitmq.com/pacemaker.html

Cheers,
Alex