[rabbitmq-discuss] recommended version of erlang for rabbitmq 2.2.0

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Dec 9 21:45:24 GMT 2010

Hi Mark

Op 09/12/2010 20:52, het Mark Geib geskryf:

> I was unable to find a required/recommended version of erlang for
> rabbitmq 2.2.0. I am running debian lenny, which I believe includes R12B3.

In general the latest version of Erlang is recommended. Alpha versions
(containing an A) have been known to cause problems, so avoid this in a
production environment immediately after release. At the time of writing
R14B (R14B01 for Windows) is recommended. This should be considered the
minimum required version if you intend to use SSL with Java or Erlang
clients. (See http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html)

The RabbitMQ website currently states that R12B-3 is the minimum
required version (http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html), but that will
change in the future.

Regards

Emile