[rabbitmq-discuss] redelivered count

Justin Etheredge justin at etheredge.us
Wed Dec 8 15:03:26 GMT 2010

Exactly. So we have messages which are about performing a particular action.
If the action is malformed, then it would just keep failing and retrying
forever. But there are valid instances where the message could fail, and it
is because of a temporary issue. Like a web service being down or something.
However, if a message is failing due to something bad in it, we can't just
have it disappear into the ether, we need to know what the issue is and fix
it.

Justin