[rabbitmq-discuss] Retrieving the queue content with other clients waiting for messages

John DeTreville jdetreville at vmware.com
Mon Dec 6 20:37:10 GMT 2010

Dmitry,

Unfortunately, I believe that what you are trying to do is impossible.

A queue is a queue, and all a queue can do is receive messages and deliver messages. You cannot ask its current state.

I believe you cannot do what you ask without keeping extra state outside RabbitMQ.

(That said, I'm work in the RabbitMQ Pacific Rim office, and we sometimes get our answers wrong.)

Cheers,
John DeTreville