[rabbitmq-discuss] Permission handling changed on 2.2.0?

Ivan Sanchez s4nchez at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 09:08:55 GMT 2010

  Hi all,

  I've upgraded to 2.2.0 and since then I can't get my consumers to
work with our previous permissions. For instance, if I have
permissions like:

  rabbitmqctl set_permissions ping ping ping ping

  Then I get the following error:

   connection <0.4248.0> (running), channel 1 - error:
{amqp_error,access_refused,
            "access to queue 'amq.gen-STvK+LmDNxQrlLAUaVNfSg==' in
vhost '/' refused for user 'ping'",
            'queue.declare'}

  The consumer code has not been changed, and it never had to define
queue names before. Reading the docs it seems like that was wrong, but
since we never had permission problems now I'm confused.

  Am I missing something?

  Thank you for your help,

--
Ivan Sanchez