[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client blowing chunks

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 31 22:40:23 BST 2010

Jon,

Jon Brisbin wrote:
> Tried checking out the 2.0 tag and I'm getting a different error this time:

Did you check out the 'rabbitmq_v2_0_0' tag on *all* the repos you are
using (broker, codegen, erlang-client, etc)? And do a clean build?

Because ...

> worker: {error,
>             {bad_return_value,
>                 {error,
>                     {auth_failure_likely,
>                         {error,
>                             {undef,
>                                 [{rabbit_writer,start_link,
>                                      [#Port<0.704>,0,4096,
>                                       rabbit_framing_amqp_0_9_1]},
>                                  {amqp_channel_util,
>                                      start_channel_infrastructure,3},
>                                  {amqp_network_connection,do_handshake,1},
>                                  {amqp_network_connection,init,1},
>                                  {gen_server,init_it,6},
>                                  {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}}}}}

indicates that you have the wrong version of the broker code.

Also, why are you building from source anyway? Can't you simply use the
stock 2.0.0 server and associated binary plugins?

Regards,

Matthias.