[rabbitmq-discuss] Acknowledging multiple messages.

rathi riteshrathi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:56:28 BST 2010

void *basicAck*(long deliveryTag, boolean multiple) throws java.io.IOException
Acknowledge one or several received messages. Supply the deliveryTag
from the AMQP.Basic.GetOk
<http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.5.1/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-1.5.1/com/rabbitmq/client/AMQP.Basic.GetOk.html>
or AMQP.Basic.Deliver
<http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.5.1/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-1.5.1/com/rabbitmq/client/AMQP.Basic.Deliver.html>
method containing the received message being acknowledged.

The above method allows to acknowledge multiple messages based on the
deliveryTag. But how do we set the same deliveryTag for multiple
messages. Don't know
if my understanding here is right. Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks & regards,
ritesh rathi