[rabbitmq-discuss] sasl_error_logger tty problem on 2.0.0?

elij elij.mx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:55:44 BST 2010

I am testing out rabbitmq-2.0.0, and ran into an odd issue.
We use rabbitmq and pipe our logs to syslog (with daemontools and a
logger) from stdout.
Because of this, we edit the rabbitmq-server script, and remove the
"-sasl sasl_error_logger" line, which should then default to tty (it
does on rabbitmq-1.8.x).

However, I am getting this error:

#######
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
0 plugins activated:

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{{nocatch,{error,{cannot_log_to_tty,sasl_report_tty_h,not_installed}}},[{rabbit,ensure_working_log_handler,5},{rabbit,ensure_working_log_handlers,0},{rabbit,prepare,0},{init,eval_script,8},{init,do_boot,3}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

#######

If I instead specify "-sasl sasl_error_logger false", and thus disable
sasl logging, it starts up and runs fine.
I tried '-sasl sasl_error_logger tty', and experience the identical
crash as above.

Is there a way to get tty output again for sasl error logging?

Thanks.