[rabbitmq-discuss] pluggable message transformers

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Wed Aug 25 13:27:08 BST 2010

Hopefully I'll be getting back into my webhooks plugin today. One of the things I'll probably need to implement inside the plugin is a transformer of some sort that could turn an AMQP message into an HTTP request body. It will need to be pluggable, so I can add other kinds later, but for sure I'll want to be able to turn a binary message into a www-form-urlencoded. The JSON data I think I can handle with content-types, etc...

Does anyone have an existing message transformer in Erlang I can look at? I guess I'm needing examples of ways to go about piping messages from one place to another and applying encoding or encrypting or somesuch...

Thanks!

J. Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com/