[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.0.0 release

Michael Bridgen mikeb at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 25 11:01:49 BST 2010

We the RabbitMQ team are delighted to announce the release of RabbitMQ
2.0.0.

This release includes a rewritten message store that pages messages to
disk to relieve memory pressure, and support for AMQP 0-9-1.  There are
many other more modest additions, such as an implementation of
basic.reject, and queue leases.  For details see the attached release notes.

Binary and source distributions of the new release can be found in the
usual place at http://www.rabbitmq.com/download.html

This now includes binary packages of plugins, at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html.  Please note the caveats there.

Due to an issue we're currently seeing with the nexus/sonatype
maven repository, the 2.0.0 release is not yet available in maven. We
will rectify this as soon as we can.

We recommend that all users of earlier versions of RabbitMQ upgrade to
this latest release.

As always, we welcome any questions, bug reports, and other feedback on
this release, as well as general suggestions for features and
enhancements in future releases. Mail us via the RabbitMQ discussion
list at rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com, or directly at
info at rabbitmq.com.

Regards,

The RabbitMQ Team