[rabbitmq-discuss] problem with new persiter with 1000 topics/queues

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 25 04:35:26 BST 2010

Alex,

alex chen wrote:
>  > Would it be possible for you to package  your tests in that way?
>
> yes.  our current test is simply a shell script that starts 1000 amqp_consumers
> from the rabbitmq-c examples.
> it seems to me rabbitma-java-client has some packaged tests.  i will try using
> java client to write one.

Using the C client is fine. What's missing from what you sent us so far is:
- the producer code
- how exactly you are invoking the producer and consumer ("1000
amqp_consumers" - but with what args?, etc)
- what exactly it is you are looking at / measuring - e.g. you mentioned
something about 200GB of message data, how is that figure calculated?

Regards,

Matthias.