[rabbitmq-discuss] Writing a new plugin

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 24 16:04:13 BST 2010

Jon Brisbin wrote:
> I'm trying to add "webhook" functionality to several applications I'm
> writing (basically my own version of PayPal notifications, Google
> Checkout callbacks, or GAE tasks), so I thought I'd create a plugin
> ("rabbitmq-webhook"?) that consumes messages on an exchange and uses the
> lhttpc module to send them to a configurable REST URL.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but have you tried RabbitHub? It
implements PSHB, backed by RabbitMQ, and will both receive messages via HTTP
POST which it then distributes through Rabbit's exchanges and queues, and
deliver messages via HTTP POST when the PSHB subscription protocol is used
(over HTTP) to point RabbitHub at some HTTP server endpoint somewhere else on
the network.

http://github.com/tonyg/rabbithub#readme

Regards,
  Tony