[rabbitmq-discuss] Getting an error while starting the consumer

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 20 12:08:56 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 04:33:32PM +0530, rathi wrote:
> I will migrate to the latest and then check. Do we need to do anything
> specific for ssl while compiling Erlang.

Are you meaning just to ensure that the ssl issue that caused the crash
you saw is gone (in which case I think you just need to ensure you have
the openssl dev libraries installed); or do you mean so that you can do
SSL AMQP connections to RabbitMQ? If the latter, be aware that Erlang's
support for SSL is sadly very flakey, and in our experience the best
version of Erlang to use for SSL connections is R13B03.

Matthew