[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ hanging on "starting queue supervisor and queue recovery" after system went down (using new persister)

Christian Legnitto clegnitto at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 16 23:18:57 BST 2010

All:

I've been running default with the new persister. I went away for the weekend and saw that my RabbitMQ instance died (not sure what happened, doesn't look to be in logs). In any case, I went to restart the server and it was hanging at "starting queue supervisor and queue recovery". The VM this on isn't speedy but I let it go for ~30 mins. I moved the mnesia db out of the way, tried again,  and it started instantly.

I can send the mnesia db, but it is very large. I didn't have many queues (3?) but each probably had thousands (or even 100k+ messages) queued up.

Thanks,
Christian