[rabbitmq-discuss] Subscribing to a queue regardless of its parameters (auto-delete, ack, etc.)

Orhan Kavrakoglu orhan at tart.com.tr
Wed Aug 11 11:39:16 BST 2010

Hi,

I have a client-side library (modified PHP Zend_Queue classes over the
STOMP adapter) which I use to subscribe to some queues. However, the
interface provided by the STOMP adapter seems to want the exact
parameters a queue was created with in order to subscribe to it. (That
is, if a queue was created with the non-default "auto-delete: false"
parameter, you have to specify "auto-delete: false" when subscribing to
it.) This complicates the client code, especially given that the queue
was created in a Java program somewhere else. Is there a way to work
around this?

Either a "subscribe regardless of parameters" command or some way to get
a queue's parameters would work. I haven't checked if libamqp has
either, because I couldn't find a PHP implementation that works on
Windows (which half our developers are using).

--
Orhan Kavrakoğlu
orhan at tart.com.tr

Tart New Media
w : http://www.tart.com.tr
t : +90 212 265 0 666 / ext: 142
f : +90 212 263 93 93
a : Abdülhak Molla Sok. No:42 Arnavutköy / İSTANBUL