[rabbitmq-discuss] Node scheduling with RabbitMQ

Pete Hunt floydophone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 18:50:19 BST 2010

Hi -

I am currently evaluating RabbitMQ for a master/worker work queue
environment (like a lot of people do!).

The first catch with our system is that nodes may fail at any time;
pretty standard.
The second catch with our system is that we want the scheduler to be
cache-aware, that is, since we know what data the task will use ahead
of time, schedule the task on a node which will result in the least
cache misses. We already have a system and algorithms in place to
determine this, however, they need to be integrated with RabbitMQ.
Would the proper course of action be implementing a custom exchange?
Or is this outside the scope of RabbitMQ? Please advise; thanks!

Pete