[rabbitmq-discuss] Disk node vs ram node

vinse vchang at ign.com
Thu Aug 5 19:08:47 BST 2010

So I know from an instructions point of view how to set up a clustered
environment with disk nodes and ram nodes, but from the documentation/man
pages I am still unclear of a couple of things.
1.  Assuming I have 3 nodes, node A, B, and C. Does node A become a disk
node by default when I set up the vhosts/users/permissions?

2. With the same node arrangement listed above.... I set up A(created vhost,
users, set permissions etc) and then clustered B against A,B (rabbitmqctl
cluster nodeA nodeB). I took down A and my messages did not persist even
though B should be a disk node. Is there something wrong with my steps?

3. What is the conventional/non-conventional way to determine whether or not
individual nodes in a cluster are a disk or ram nodes?

Thanks.