[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c or librabbitmq (it seems to have 2 names)

John Apps johndapps at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 14:14:29 BST 2010

(I fear some of the following has already been asked or noted, so please
bear with me if it has!)

   - rabbitmq-c or librabbitmq is termed experimental, which begs this
   obvious question: what does this mean?
   - Does the library support all the 0.9.1 requirements?
   - Does it support all RabbitMQ 1.8.1 functionality, e.g., flow control?
   - Another way of putting it might be: is it as function-rich as the .NET
   or Java libraries?
   - Is it, or will it be, supported?

The reason for asking is that we have a number of prospective clients who
would benefit from using AMQP in general and RabbitMQ in particular.
However, none of them have Erlang, none of them use Java or .NET, but all of
them have C/C++ or other high-level language code such as COBOL. If we are
to work with these clients we will need something a bit more reassuring than
'experimental'...

Cheers, John
---
John Apps