[rabbitmq-discuss] Similar behaviour to MSMQ internal outgoing queues?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 27 11:06:37 BST 2010

Owain Perry wrote:
> If I have a Rabbit Client who needs sends a message to the broker,
> however the network is down between the client and the broker, Can
> rabbit be configured in such away that it can accept the message locally
> and deal with resubmission when the network returns?

Sort of.

This feature is not supported by the .NET client itself; however we do
have a higher level library which sits on top of the .NET client and
adds a couple of features including automatic resubmission in the event
of network failure. I think it's only available from Mercurial though;
you can clone it from:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-messagepatterns/

Cheers, Simon