[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ seems to crash Snow Leopard

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:41:00 BST 2010

Hi,

I want to report a problem that I was able to reproduce twice and then I stopped before breaking my Mac :)

I want to state that I don't know if this is actually a bug or a problem related to RabbitMQ but it will be nice to know if it happens to other people.

How to reproduce it:

Open the default Mac Terminal.app

Get rabbitmq from the hg repo, –if someone could tell me how to check in which branch I am, then I could provide that information–.

After building, do make run.

Then press command+q to quit the Terminal.app, and close it without stopping RabbitMQ, that should crash your mac, badly.

After I restarted the computer I repeated the steps and this happened again, while no other application was running.

Then I restarted and just opened Erlang typing erl at the Terminal and close it in the same way, no problems, so it seems to be happen when RabbitMQ is running.

As I said, this is not urgent or something to panic about, but it would be nice to know what's going on.

Regards,

Alvaro