[rabbitmq-discuss] The New Persister --- I would like to compare it with the old (using Tony's recommendations) --- but where is it?

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue Apr 6 11:27:15 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 10:48:07AM +0200, John Apps wrote:
> Sorry to ask a silly question again, but where do I find and how do I
> install the New Persister (on Windows 7)?

You need to build from source. It's on branch bug21673.
http://www.rabbitmq.com/build-server.html

After the cd rabbitmq-server step, do an hg up -C bug21673

Note you'll need at least cygwin in order to build under Windows (and
obviously Erlang installed too, and no doubt all manner of fun and games
to get erl and erlc on your %PATH% and $PATH.

Note even under the new persister there is still a small per-message RAM
cost, *unless* you also use the rabbitmq-toke plugin
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-toke/ which will require you to have
Tokyo Cabinet installed. I have absolutely no experience of attempting
that under Windows.

Matthew