[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-c compatibility

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Fri Apr 2 21:36:10 BST 2010

This is a RabbitMQ-c question, but I figure I would send it to the entire
list as well.

Is rabbitmq-c compatible with other brokers implementing the AMQP spec? The
reason I ask is that I submitting our php extension to the PECL directory,
which is where official PHP extensions are listed/maintained, and I want to
name this project appropriately. Therefore, if the rabbitmq-c client
implements the AMQP client standards (if any,) the PHP extension should be
called ³amqp² and not ³rabbbitmq², and we should name our
classes/variables/etc appropriately.

Thanks,
Pieter
--
the rubicon project

PIETER DE ZWART | INTERFACES ENGINEER

€€€ P 310 207 0272 | x224
€€€ F 323 466 7119

1925 S. BUNDY  DRIVE
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90025

WWW.RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com/>

³COMPANY OF THE YEAR² ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 2009
#24 ON FAST COMPANY FAST 50 READER FAVORITES
2008  ALWAYSON 250 GLOBAL WINNER
2008 ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 100 WINNER
TWIISTUP3  BEST IN SHOW
PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS ­ ENTRETECH  BEST STARTUP
AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS - STEVIES  Œ08 FINALIST BEST NEW COMPANY
AMERICAN BUSINESS  AWARDS - STEVIES Œ08 FINALIST MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY
AMERICAN BUSINESS  AWARDS - STEVIES Œ08 FINALIST NEW PRODUCT OR SERVICE -
SERVICES

P          Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail